Will the Groundhog see his shadow? We can’t be sure. In any case, whichever way the weather turns on this Groundhog’s Day, we’ve got a great silhouette project for you to work on, while your wintery fate is being determined by a furry little critter.
For about $3, you can create this piece of art that will immortalize your model, in the form of a shadowy silhouette. Thematically appropriate, and beautiful to look at, this project makes a great gift for both friends and family.
- Black or craft paper
- Foam core board
- Exacto knife
- Lamp (and table to position lamp)
- Masking tape
Instructions for Raised Shadow Silhouette:
1. Pin a piece of paper to the wall.
2. Put a light source (lamp) on a table in front of the paper and position your model between the paper and the light, so that the shadow appears on the paper.
3. Trace the silhouette profile with a pencil.
4. Cut out the silhouette with an exacto knife.
5. Cut out a circular shape of foam core board smallerthan the silhouette and glue it to the underside of the silhouette.
6. Glue the silhouette to the craft paper base, which should be the size of the framebacking.
7. Remove the glass from the frame, discard it, and insert thesilhouette, with its backing, into the frame.
1. Do the same as above for tracing the silhouette, using craft paper.
2. Glue the craft paper silhouette to the glass of a frame.
3. Insert the glass to the frame with the silhouette on the inside, secure with frame’s inside clips.
4. Tape the craft paper only (not the frame’s cardboard) to the backing to frame.
- Fresh Way to Spell with Flowers
- The Easiest Way to Create a Love Poem
- A Clever Way to Spell Out Your Valentine Love