Here’s the problem – Valentine’s Day is upon you, and you haven’t made it out to pick up anything for your sweetheart. What to do? Head to the cupboard!
It’s amazing what you can come up with when you have to be resourceful. A little look in the pantry can lead to more creative ventures than you could imagine – case in point, a popcorn filled Valentine from one corny soul to another.
With a couple of bucks worth of materials that you’re very likely to already have on hand, you can skip the trip and get right to whipping up a Valentine!
- Mason jar
- Un-popped popcorn kernels
- Fresh corn ear
- Dried corn husks
- Velum/or tracing paper
- Hemp twine
- Heart sticker
1. Fill the jar with popcorn kernels
2. Cut the tracing paper into a husk shape and write the message with a Sharpie marker “Corny, I know, but I’d be just a HUSK without you xo”
3. Gather a few dried husks and the corn silk from the ear of corn, and add in the paper message ‘husk.’
4. Tie the husks to the jar with a piece of the twine, letting the husks stick up on the backside like a sign, so you can read the message.
5. Top it with a heart sticker.