In today’s Internet lesson of "Nothing Is Safe," I present to you Zoe Perry‘s spider-filled salad. As explained in her video caption, she went to a New South Wales, Australia, Woolworths yesterday for her regular Italian Style Salad Mix and was unpleasantly surprised to find a spider the size of an entire salad portion inside.
Woolworths commented their concern on Perry’s video almost immediately, which is great customer service, but it doesn’t change the fact that Perry and her family are self-described arachnophobes.
I too am "very concerned" about this. I’m concerned about food safety, whether or not I’ve inadvertently eaten a spider recently, and if I’ll ever sleep again. If you take one thing away from this story, let it be this: No good can come of vegetables.
Follow Tess on Twitter.