There is something so romantic about fireflies at dusk. The twinkle. The glow. You can’t help but get that lovin’ feeling when those little sparks are flying all around you.
Bottle that magic for your loved one, by turning individual LED lights into fireflies that hang and twinkle in a mason jar lantern.
No matter where you and your honey find yourselves, you can feel like you’re out for an evening stroll, taking in the wonder of tall grass that glows and sparkles.
- Mason jar
- Wired twine
- Tiny pine cones
- LED lights
- Red leaves
- Suede ties
- Wood crosscut disc
- Masking tape
- Wood Burning pen
1. Wrap the LEDlights in masking tape to create a soft, natural glow.
2. Fill the jar with a mix of pine cones, LED lights, and a few red leaves.
3. Burn your Initials (i.e. K.B.+W.C.) into the wooden disk, and pierce a hole with the drill at the top to hang it.
4. Push the end of the suede tie through the hole in the disc, knot it, and tie it around the mouth of the jar, leaving the disc dangling. Tie a few more pieces of suede tie around the jar for more effect.
5. Wrap wired twine around the mouth of the jar, leaving a long length on one side to bend into a handle, attaching it to the other side by twisting it onto the existing wire.