There’s nothing quite like being one half of a pair of love birds – it’s probably one of the best feelings there is. That little flutter. Feeling like you’re walking on clouds. Your mood is best described as giddy!
Well, we’ve got a sweet Valentine for all you love birds out there! Instead of gifting pink hearts and boxes filled with sweets, why not fill a mason jar with a little love nest that symbolizes you and your sweetheart? Without shades of red and pink, this craft is one you can keep on the mantel year round, to remind you of how you feel on the other 364 days of the year, when there aren’t designated holidays to celebrate it.
We think making this Valentine is a lovely way to spend an afternoon. Grab a warm drink and craft with thoughts of the one you love.
- Mason Jar
- Bird seed
- 2 Decorative birds- lovebirds
- Decorative bird’s eggs
- Small branch
- Balsa wood
- Hot glue gun
- Utility knife
1. Hot glue the small branch and bird seed to the inside of the lid.
2. Place feathers and the little love birds into the nest and hot glue the nest onto the branch.
3. Carefully fit the jar over the nest and screw on the lid.
4. Cut a “sign” from the balsa wood, write “Love Birds” in pen, and hot glue it to the outside of the jar.