Who doesn’t love a good photo opportunity? This Presidents’ Day, you can stage your own themed photographs by posing with these two fun presidential accessories.
Whether your having fun with the kids or getting a bunch of friends together for a drinks, things are bound to get silly when you start playing around with these. These easy and inexpensive crafts are sure to have you feeling like the big cheese in no time!
- Brown Pipe Cleaners
- Top Hat
- Black Christmas Garland
- Black Tape
- White Foam Core
- White Napkins
- Clear Tape
- Long Lollipop Stick
Instructions for Abe Lincoln beard:
- Take 2 brown pipe cleaners and bend them into a beard support – think from the ears down to the chin and back around to the other side.
- Cut a bit of black Christmas garland and twist it – in a horizontal way – into the bottom of the ‘chin’ part of the beard.
- Tape the top ends of the pipe cleaners to the ‘temple’ area inside the hat, so that the bottom of the beard rests on the chin of a person.
Instructions for George Washington wig:
- Cut a big upside down U-shape in the foam core and then cut out a face-sized U out of the center of that – so that it frames your face.
- Starting at the bottom of the U-shape base, ‘accordion fold’ the napkins and begin taping them to it – letting any excess fall off the outside to be trimmed at the end. Folds should be pointed downward. Work your way all the way up and over the U-shape.
- Trim off any excess on the outside edge.
- Tape a lollipop stick to the back of one side, so that you can hold the wig up to your face.