Google is giving away 2GB of Drive space today. In what’s become an annual tradition, Google is again offering free Google Drive storage space to users who go through a brief account security checkup. The checkup will take less than a minute to review things like your two-step verification settings, account recovery information, and which apps have access to your Google account. Once you’re done you’ll be rewarded with 2GB of permanent Drive space.
Google ran a similar promotion last year, but you’ll still get 2GB of space even if you claimed it last time. Often times these type of promotions expire after a year, so it’s nice to see Google not place any limits on the bonus storage. The free offer coincides with Safer Internet Day 2016, which is meant to promote safe and secure usage of technology and smartphones. To claim your free 2GB of Google Drive space just visit Google’s account security checkup and step through the various checks.
- This Return of the Jedi fan edit might be the ultimate version
- Inside Nevada’s $1.3 billion gamble on Tesla
- NASA’s new space tourism posters are spellbinding
- Amazon launches free triple-A game engine
- The BMW Alpina B7 is a huge sedan that’s as quick as a supercar
- The dark side to Uber’s unstoppable cash grab