Our love of mason jars isn’t waning – in fact, we’d like to spend as much time as possible celebrating it. So, in the lead up to Valentine’s Day, you may see a lot of these little glass jars popping up here and there!
This craft is the perfect way to turn a simple glass votive, into one that packs a pucker! With peek-a-boo lip “windows,” candle light will flicker beautifully through these glittering masons. They are the perfect way to set a little mood lighting for you sweetie! We suggest cutting out a bunch of different shaped lips, that way you can line up a whole row of them and create interest with a different kiss on each one.
You can pick up bumper packs of mason jars at craft and hardware stores (8 of them will cost you about $11 dollars, depending on the size you get), and if you don’t have a container of glitter hanging around, Michael’s sells 8 oz tubs for $5.
- Mason jars
- Stickers (Valentine themed)
- Votive candle
- Paint brush
1. Place your sticker on the inside front of your mason jar.
2. Apply a very light coat of polyurethane to the inside of the jar (no drips).
3. Put glitter into the jar, place the lid on top, and shake it around – covering the entire inside of the jar.
4. Let dry thoroughly then peel off the sticker from the inside.