Need a sweet treat for the game? How about a classic Rice Krispies Treat, reimagined?
Moldable, pliable and slightly sticky, Rice Krispies Treats are the Play-Doh of the snack world. They can be turned into pretty much any shape you like, which makes them perfect for game day, when we turn to all things football.
If you’re looking to serve up something sweet, but don’t want to spend lots of time in the kitchen, these yummy football snacks are just the trick. It will take you about 20 minutes to put together a big tray of them, and probably even less time for your guests to eat them. They have a tendency to disappear quickly! When a box of Rice Krispies Treats sets you back a mere $3.50, it’s probably a good idea to whip up a whole bunch of these!
- Rice Krispies Treats (homemade or packaged)
- Cookie decorating icing with a fine tip
- Chocolate sprinkles
1. Unwrap your Rice Krispies Treats and, using your hands, shape them into football shapes.
2. Ice the tops of your football shapes with a thin layer of icing. The grocery store sells tubes with thin decorator’s tips already attached, which is what we used.
3. Sprinkle the icing with chocolate sprinkles – you want a dense layer so it really looks like a football.
4. Use the icing tube to draw laces on your treat.
5. If you want to turn them into “cake pops,” you can place them at the end of skewers.