Your slow cooker isn’t just for soups and stews. It can churn out a pretty mean batch of homemade Chex Mix too!
Chex Mix is a delicious snack as it is – a quick trip to the grocery store and you can stock up on bags and bags of this salty snack without ever turning on the oven. However, as with most things, it just tastes better homemade. And with a crock pot, that needn’t be labor intensive.
The great thing about making your own is that you get to put a personal spin on it! We like that crave-able combo of salty and sweet – it hits all your tastebuds in just the right way.
So pull out the slow cooker, and free up your time for other, more important things. Like watching the pre-game show!
- One 12.8oz box Chex rice cereal
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups sweet and salty nut mix
- 1 cup Cherrios cereal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup Worchestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crock pot
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic cups
- Number stickers
1. Combine all the ingredients in your crock pot.
2. Use your spatula to mix and coat everything gently. Try not to break apart the cereal pieces.
3. Set your crock pot to low and cover it. Slow cook the chex mix for 3 hours. Stir a couple of times per hour, so the mix doesn’t burn on the bottom.
4. Turn of the pot and all the mix to cool completely.
5. Serve up the mix in little cups with team number stickers on them.