The Super Bowl and pizza are a match made in heaven – like chips and dip! Nothing beats a warm, cheesy, savory piece of pizza, unless of course you turn it into warm, cheesy, pillowy, slightly-crispy-on-the-outside, absolutely delicious monkey bread!
Monkey bread is often served as a dessert – sweet and sticky. It consists of lots of little balls of dough coated in butter, that pull apart into little pillows of sweetness when fresh out of the oven.
We’ve given this sweet treat a savory makeover for our Super Bowl party. Ready-to-bake biscuits, cheese and pepperoni come together to create a “pizza” you can pull apart into bite-sized morsels, while watching the game.
The good news is, this bread comes together with about 5 minutes of prep time, so there’s no chance you’ll miss kickoff! Then just grab it out of the oven 30 minutes later and you’ll have a perfect party snack before the first quarter ends (thanks to the endless commercial breaks).
We warn you – once you start, you might not be able to stop!
- 2 cans ready-to-bake biscuits, such as Pillsbury Grands
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup pepperoni, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Cooking spray
- Bundt pan
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Quarter the biscuits and place the pieces in a large bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, reserving ½ cup of cheese for later, and toss to mix and coat.
4. Spray your bundt pan well, making sure you coat it entirely.
5. Pour the biscuit mixture into the prepared pan.
6. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
7. Bake your dish for 30 minutes, until golden and bubbling on top.