There’s only one new cookbook amid the familiar titles on Amazon’s list of the ten best-selling cookbooks for January. The honor goes to The Negative Calorie Diet by celebrity chef Rocco Dispirito, which claims to help readers “lose up to 10 pounds in 10 days with 10 all-you-can-eat foods.”
It’s a bold claim, to be sure, but it’s clearly fired up some readers. “You don’t feel like you are dieting, just eating a healthy and nutritious diet,” praised Amazon user Diane Iafrate. The sentiment was echoed by user Dana Berkowitz, who added that the book might appeal to people who overeat when stressed. “[W]ith this book you can eat when you are stressed and not gain weight if you stick with leafy greens and fat burning foods,” she wrote.
Still, some readers aren’t convinced. Writes user C. Black, “As I sit here chewing my apple-lime-cilantro smoothie (it’s that thick), my stomach is protesting in hunger. Part of me wants to add some onion and tomato to make it pico de gallo flavored. That would be an improvement on what I’m ingesting now. Even using the fiber and protein powder, I am in a constant state of hangriness.”
The Negative Calorie Diet is Dispirito’s 12th cookbook, and spotlights fiber-rich dishes that he says help the body burn body fat. Dispirito claims that nutrient-dense foods — like dill smoothies, blueberry smoothies, and flounder with Catalonian eggplant relish — promote skin renewal, prevent heart disease, and slow down brain fog.
As for other best sellers? The Whole30 continues to dominate sales nearly 10 months after its debut, as do other health-minded titles including Inspiralized, The Skinnytaste Cookbook, two Trim Healthy Mama cookbooks, and Thug Kitchen.
Check out the rest of January’s best-selling cookbooks on Amazon below:
1. The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom by
Melissa Hartwig and Dallas Hartwig
2. The Negative Calorie Diet: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 10 Days with 10 All You Can Eat Foods by Rocco DiSpirito
3. Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Mealsby Ali Maffucci
4. The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science by J. Kenji López-Alt
5. Great Food Fast: Bob Warden’s Ultimate Pressure Cooker Recipesby Bob Warden
6. The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolka
7. Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison
8. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck by Thug Kitchen
9. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime: Comfort Classics, Freezer Food, 16-Minute Meals, and Other Delicious Ways to Solve Supper!by Ree Drummond
10. by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison
Click here for Amazon’s hour-by-hour best seller list.