Who doesn’t like a yummy grilled cheese sandwich? It’s an ooey-gooey childhood snack that carries its appeal far into adulthood. It’s also the perfect game time grub – warm, simple and no utensils required.
Give your ‘sammie the touchdown treatment by cutting it into the shape of a football. If you’re a no-crusts type of person, this is the perfect way to get rid of them, while creating a fun game-time snack.
- Sliced Sandwich Bread
- Cheese slices, such as Pepper Jack, Cheddar or Swiss
- Sliced Deli Ham
- Sriracha, Ketchup or Mustard
- Paper Baggies
- NFL Logo Printouts
- Glue Stick
- Panini Maker
1. Assemble your grilled cheese sandwich. We like to make sure we have cheese on both sides of the ham, that way everything gets nice and melty.
2. Spread a little mayo on the outside of your sandwich. It crisps up the bread even better than butter does.
3. Cut your sandwich into the shape of a football.
4. Place the sandwich on the panini maker and grill according to maker’s instructions.
5. Find a logo you would like to print on your sandwich bags. Maybe it’s your favorite team or your favorite player’s number. We went with the NFL logo.
6. Print it, cut it out and glue it on your bags.
7. Using Sriracha (or your favorite condiment), draw laces on the “football sandwich.”