1. Most cell phone can dial 911 without a cell phone or service.
2. Scientists use Calvin Klein’s Obsession perfume to attack cheetahs, lions, and tigers in the wild. So if you’re wearing it, watch out!
3. Coconut water still in the husk can be a substitute for saline if you need to get someone an IV, stat.
4. Predict the weather with a cup of coffee. High atmospheric pressure affects the bubbles in your coffee, so if there’s bubbles in the center of the cup, expect rain or stormy weather.
5. If you’re a pedestrian or cyclist, make sure to learn precisely where the driver’s blind spots are.
6. These canes, often see in swampy and water-logged areas, have edible roots and can provide food if you are hungry and lost.
7. The #1 cause of death in household fires is the smoke and not the fire. Keep low to the ground.
8. If stabbed with a knife (or other object), don’t EVER take it out on your own. It is holding some vessels closed.
9. If you’re a man, pee on a pregnancy stick. If it comes up positive you might have testicular cancer.
10. If you see a photo of a child with a reflection or red-eye in ONLY one eye, it could be a sign of retinoblastoma (a type of eye cancer).
11. If you’re caught in a rip tide, don’t swim to shore. Instead, swim perpendicular to the shore until you’re out of the current. Then, you can swim in.
12. If you’re hurt in a public place, avoid the “diffusion of responsibility” and call out for help to a specific person. If singled out, the “bystander effect” won’t stop strangers from helping you.
The more you know!