Skip to content
1. While the Pyramids at Giza were being built, there were still woolly mammoths roaming around.
2. Speaking of Egypt, Cleopatra lived closer in time to the moon landing than to the construction of the Pyramids.
3. The Spanish national anthem, the “Marcha Real,” has no lyrics.
4. Honey doesn’t spoil.
5. A small percentage of static on TV and radio is radiation left over from the Big Bang.
6. Wombats poo squares.
7. Dead people can get goosebumps.
8. Maryland’s state sport (for individuals) is jousting.
9. Your nostrils switch off.
10. If you collected all the gold that’s ever been mined in the world, you could melt it down into a 67-foot cube.
11. There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe.
12. Writing was developed separately by many different cultures.
13. Giraffe dating involves pee.
14. It can take as long as 40,000 years for a photon to get from the sun’s core to its surface.
15. The kakapo is endangered because it smells so good.