Come on, admit it, this one made you smile! Who doesn’t remember the classic line from Jerry Maguire, when Renee Zellweger tells Tom Cruise “you had me at hello”? It’s one of those lines that sticks with you – even years after you saw the movie.
Until of course you walk into a supermarket one day, see a package of bright red Jell-O, and the perfectly crafted movie line changes in your head forever. That is exactly how this ‘p-unny’ Valentine came about.
When shopping for craft supplies, the team at Yahoo Makers couldn’t help but pick up this lunch room snack, with thoughts of turning it into one of our 14 pun-riddled V-Day cards. Hey, Renee – we feel you!
- 3 Jell-O pots
- Wooden skewer
- White cardstock
- Gold Sharpie
- Black Sharpie
1. Stack 2 Jell-O cups and lay one on its side next to the stack.
2. Draw a ‘speech bubble’ with cold Sharpie on a piece of cardstock and write “you had me at…” in the middle of it. Then cut it out.
3. Tape the cut-out to the end of a skewer and pierce one of the Jell-Olids with the sign you’ve created.
- The Easiest Way to Create a Love Poem
- Dreamy Crepe Paper Flowers
- Hooray for This Valentine’s Day Tray