When you’re having people over for brunch, or simply treating your loved ones to something special, you want to serve up a treat that has a bit of a “wow factor.”
What you don’t want to do is spend forever slaving away in the kitchen!
This pastry wreath looks intricate and time-consuming, but the reality is: It couldn’t be simpler. A little store-bought puff pastry, some cinnamon sugar, and a creative twist, and brunch goes from ho-hum to yum!
- 1 package puff pastry, 2 sheets
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup cinnamon sugar
- Pastry brush
Set oven to 400°.
1. Lay out 2 sheets of puff pastry, side by side and slightly overlapping.
2. Brush the edge where the pastry sheets overlap with butter, to seal the seam.
3. Brush both sheets with melted butter.
4. Sprinkle all but 2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar onto the buttered surface.
5. Roll the pastry into a log along the long edge.
6. Slice the log in half, lengthwise, so you have 2 long, skinny halves.
7. Starting at one end, twist the halves around each other, all the way down the length of the log.
8. Carefully grab 1 end of the twist and bring it in to meet the other, forming a wreath.
9. Tuck the ends neatly under the wreath.