When you’re a kid, there’s nothing quite like finding a surprising treat where you least expect it!
These DIY sugar cone confections are sweet, festive, and lots of fun. When cracked open, they reveal a little trinket that kids will delight over, making them the perfect birthday party favor.
- Sugar cones
- Chocolate candy melts in two colors
- Sugar decorations: flowers, balls, or sprinkles
- Toys and trinkets small enough to fit inside the cones
1. Melt one color of candy melt in the microwave at 50 percent power until completely smooth.
2. Dip and swirl the top half of the sugar cone in the melted chocolate and stand it upright on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. While still wet, decorate the chocolate-covered half of the cone with sugar decorations.
4. Twist apart an Oreo and reserve the unfrosted half. (Feel free to eat the frosted half!) Place a small toy on the unfrosted disc.
5. Melt the second color of candy melt in the microwave at 50 percent power until completely smooth.
6. Dip the bottom half of the cone in the newly melted chocolate, then top the Oreo and toy with the cone.