When it comes to morning rituals, there are a few things we normally do to help kickstart the day. While eating a healthy breakfast and getting your sweat on (morning exercise, anyone?) are fool-proof ways to give your bod the attention it deserves, going to your local coffee shop to get your morning cup of joe just might come in at a close second. But after a while, frequently visiting your fave barista might have some consequences (read: empty wallet). Thankfully, we found a solution. Brewing a cup in the comfort of your own home doesn’t have to be completely boring. With a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen — hot cocoa and heavy whipping cream — you too can recreate your favorite coffee drink without having to break the bank.
— about 42 grams coffee
— 1-2 packets hot cocoa mix
— sugar (optional)
— 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
1. In a mixing bowl or a kitchen bullet, add sugar (optional) to heavy whipping cream.
2. Mix ingredients until fluffy and set aside.
3. In a pour-over container, make coffee following the directions until you have about eight ounces of coffee.
4. Once the coffee is completely finished brewing, remove the coffee filter and pour the coffee into a cup. Next, add 1-2 packets of hot cocoa and stir it all together until completely mixed.
5. Next, add the whipped cream and sprinkle excess hot cocoa mix on top.
6. Add a straw and you’re all set!
Put heavy whipping cream inside the cup and add sugar (optional).
Combine ingredients in your kitchen bullet (or mixer) until fluffy, then set aside.
In a pour-over container, wet the filter and remove the excess water. Add about 42 grams of coffee to the filter and pour the hot water over the grounds until all of them are saturated. Let that “bloom.” After letting the water filter through the grinds, pour another round of water over the grinds in circular motions and let that settle. Afterwards, fill the filter with around 700 grams of water total. Once that’s done, you can let it filter through the beans, which will take around 2 ½ minutes. This whole process should take four minutes total.
Once the coffee is completely done brewing, remove the coffee filter and pour the coffee into a cup. Next, add your 1-2 packets of hot cocoa and stir it all together until completely mixed.
Next, add the whipped cream and sprinkle excess hot cocoa mix on top.
Add a straw and you’re all set!