Looking for a delicious idea, that will satisfy your sweet tooth? How about a float? A pink, creamy, berry topped float, that is!
There’s something incredibly nostalgic and wholesome about a this dessert. It hearkens back to a time of diners and drive-ins, and dates that ended in sharing a float with two straws. So when it came time to think of a sweet treat to put in our mason jar, we were all about this throwback dessert.
Of course, ice cream is the traditional ingredient that rises to the top of the glass, but if you’re up for trying something a little different, we suggest using a can of whipped cream – it’s a little lighter and, well, just fun to spray out of the can. Choose a pink soda and a few pink berries to top it with, and we think you’ll be as hooked to this deliciousness as we are!
Ingredients and Materials:
- Mason jar
- Pink fizzy soda
- Spray whipped cream
- Red fruit (cherries, raspberries, strawberries..)
- Pink straw
- Butchers twine in pink
1. Tie a double length piece of butcher’s twine around the mouth of a jar, slipping a cherry with a stem into the bow.
2. Fill the jar halfway with the spray whipped cream.
3. Fill the jar with your pink soda of choice and pop in the straw
4. Top your float with fresh berries.
- Three-Layered Valentine Love
- Cookie Printer Takes the Cake at CES
- Rich and Romantic Chocolate Mousse Dessert Recipe for Valentine’s Day