Nintendo’s first foray into mobile gaming launches next month, but if you’re really anxious you can sign up for the experience right now. The company has just opened up a pre-registration period for the social game, called Miitomo, and signing up means you’ll be notified as soon as the game is available in March. In order to sign up you’ll need to register for the company’s new Nintendo Account service, which it detailed earlier this month; it’s set to replace the old Club Nintendo program. Doing so will earn you some bonus points for the new rewards program, which is slated to launch simultaneously with Miitomo in March.
First announced last October, Miitomo is described as “a free-to-start social experience that lets you spark conversations with your friends in a whole new way and uses Nintendo’s Mii characters.” The game has a heavy emphasis on character customization, and will offer new clothes and other visual upgrades as in-app purchases. It’s the first release from a multi-game collaboration with Japanese mobile developer DeNA; the companies are expected to launch four additional games by March 2017. And while we don’t have any details on what those games might look like, Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima has confirmed that we’ll see popular Nintendo characters in a smartphone game before the end of the year.
You can sign-up for Miitomo right here.
- Tim Cook: Apple will fight US demands to build an iPhone backdoor
- The Life of Pablo review: Kanye West’s radical act of creative transparency
- The art of making a fully electric 1959 Volkswagen Beetle
- How will Full Frontal with Samantha Bee take over late night?
- ‘Five-dimensional’ glass discs can store data for up to 13.8 billion years
- A brief history of squid video
- Leaked Galaxy S7 video shows off waterproofing and wireless charging